Monday, July 26, 2010

Daily Post Thirty: Seven: Loli-Able Manga, pt. 2, Vampire Knight Volumes 7&8

To continue my quest for some more loli-able manga, I decided to take a trip to the more gothic side with Vampire Knight.
It's really popular right now, and I'm sure that if you're an anime fan you have heard of it. However, I do think that it's definetly looked over as a very loli-applicable manga! So here is a review of Vampire Knight volumes 7&8  (because I had already read the first 6 and these two are fresh in my mind) written and drawn by Matsuri Hino~
Art: I LOVE the art in this manga. I love everything from the character's faces to the architectural detail. All of the characters are very, very pretty~ I don't have too much else to say on this matter, so to be brief: I basically read this manga because the art is so great.
Story: I am really torn on whether or not I am really happy with the plot of VK. I find it interesting, and not overtly cliche. However, I find that it can be incredibly confusing at times, especially when a character is introduced without a proper explanation as to who they are, and I also find that many of the characters look similar to each other. I find that when not confusing, however, that the plot is engaging and keeps it fresh and not dull.
Why a lolita would like it: The primary reason a loli would like this is the clothes. Especially in the bonus art between chapters, there are many beautiful designs worthy of Altier Boz and Alice and the Pirates. I find that even the school uniform has a very aristocratic feel to it, if you discount the traditional pleated skirts. The outfits alone entertain me for the incredibly confusing spells that I sometimes face reading this series, XD. And of course, there is almost nothing more gothic than some real, blood-sucking vampires.
Overall, I really liked this manga, and I think I would recommend it for anyone that likes stories of romantic tension and lots of eye candy :D
Thank you for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment