Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Daily Post Eighteen: Life Style Lolita.

I'll confess- I'm a "lifestyle lolita."
Yeah, one of those crazy chicks that covers everything in lace and stickers, tries to work lolita into her "regular life", and wears lolita or lol-inspired fashion every day. While many people interpret these sort of actions as trying to shove a fashion where it does not belong. However, I interpret the "lolita lifestyle" as trying to make the world around you more beautiful. Some people find more gothic things the most beautiful, some people find modern aesthetics to be the most beautiful, and I find the sweet lolita aesthetic to be the most beautiful. I like to bring this aesthetic into the items I have with me, the places I live, and the things I wear, and I admit, this makes me about the most happy that I can be. I feel elegant and delighted when I wear a nightgown with lace on it rather than a tee shirt and boxer shorts. I feel so, so excited putting on my lolita garb to go to a meetup. Lolita is something that truly makes me happy. This is the reason I want to put the lolita aesthetic into my life, not to fit a certain stereotype or to be like the people that I read about.
Reasons aside, I am not really a "fully" lifestyle-er quite yet. Through a slow process, I hope that I will be able to add more lolita to my wardrobe and the things around me. So, many of my future posts will include the things I have done to help reach this, and how maybe you could try some of them too.
Thank you for going through this, and in reward, here is a picture of a very pretty cupcake:
And click the picture to be directed to the website it belongs to!
Thank you for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment