Monday, June 21, 2010

Daily Post 2: Music, Part I

What music reminds you of lolita? 

Music that reminds me of lolita is music that makes me happy. Music with upbeat tunes, optimistic lyrics and adorable music videos is what generally fits that quota for me. Now, the more gothic-ly inclined may argue, preferring visual kei or other, darker music. To each his own! But I'm talking to the sweet lolitas, and the sweet at heart. Now, you ask, what music reminds me of lolita?

-K-Pop
I love a lot of K-pop, but I'll briefly highlight two bands for you. I like these bands because the majority of their music is "happy". My two favorite bands are Super Junior and Girl's Generation (snsd). I recommend Haenbok Happiness, U, and Sorry Sorry by Super Junior and Oh! and Gee! by Girl's Generation the most.
                                                    (Images from Google, I don't own them)
-Nerd Music
I know the first reaction: What? Bur let's elaborate. There is a very large community on Youtube of singer/songwriters that write and perform songs with more nerdy subjects, from historical events to Anglerfish. The two artists that I love the most are Hank Green (of the vlogbrothers) and Molly Lewis. The songs that I reccomend are "I know" by Hank Green, and "My Hope" by Molly Lewis.
                                                          (see above picture for disclaimer)

Now, I have a lot of music to cover, so Part II will be up tomorrow!
Thank you for reading <3

3 comments:

  1. "My Hope" = my love. I would say that Tommy February6 seems pretty lolita-ese to me. Then again the fact she sings the theme for 'Kamikaze Girls' could help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes XD
    And I totally agree. She shall be in the second part, then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought that the IOSYS remixes of Touhou songs fit the upbeat bill quite nicely. :3

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUBbigtfCWs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wFDWP5JwSM

    ReplyDelete