Friday, February 5, 2010

Daily Thought for Febuary 9, 2010: Snow


Snow.
As you probably know, we have two feet of it here. But that's not what I'm thinking about today. What I'm thinking about is the effect snow has on our community.
The first effect is the media. As far as I know, the only thing going on in the entire world right now is that there is a lot of snow. Nothing else happens. All of Canada could blow up (not that I have anything against Canada) and no one would know because they would be way too busy talking about the snow.
The second effect is on activities. Everyone seems to stop what they're doing. The top priority of everything is getting snow plowed, and rightly so. But after the snow is off of where it's supposed to be, everything stops. No appointments to go to, activities are canceled. Time itself seems to slow down. I think that perhaps snow is just a little message that lets us slow down for a little while, and appreciate the little things before we continue to rush forward.
And that is my thought today. What do you think about the snow? Just click that "post comment" button and tell me! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment