Saturday, February 13, 2010

Daily Thought for Febuary 13, 2009: Olympics

Vancouver.2010.
Now, normally my policy is "I don't watch sports". But the Olympics are my exception. I absolutely LOVE the Olympics. I'm not sure what it is, however, and what I'm thinking about today is why.
Perhaps it is because I'm such an idealist, and the idea of all of the countries coming together in peace to play some games together is kind of wonderful. I feel like amongst a world of such horrible turmoil, the olympics give us an opportunity to reflect.
Maybe I feel an obligation as an American to cheer on my country, but I recently debunked this by cheering for a Swedish speed skater earlier this morning. (I'm a big fan of Apollo Ono, don't get me wrong)
Perhaps, though, it's because I really do like watching sports.
Ha, that's a good one.
But I'm pretty sure it's because the mascots are so cute.


What do you think about the Olympics? Click that "post comment" button and tell me :3

No comments:

Post a Comment